- BJP Jharkhand diffused the tension that was created due to “Domicile movement” during the year 2001-2002. While addressing the press BJP specifically said that, “Every citizen of India has the Right to enjoy Fundamental Rights by the Constitution of India to leave & work in any part of country & he will be treated equally”. “Therefore the issue of domicile was blown out of proportion by some wasted interest”.
- Withdrawal of the criminal cases against all those who were wrongly implicated during Jharkhand separation movement.
- During BJP’s term Jharkhand got the first Lokayukta which was a step towards providing more transparent and effective governance.
- BJP successfully conduct the first examination for selection of state government officer, teachers, police men through Jharkhand Public Service Commission exam.
- During BJP’s term, in academic session of 2004-05, Jharkhand government recruited 10,000 Teachers (Primary) & 25,000 Para teachers.
- Recruitment of police personnel. “From 33,119 police personnel in 2001, Jharkhand had developed its police strength to 51,081 as on January 1, 2007 a jump of more than 54 percent, when the national average during the same period was over 12 percent.”
- Under BJP’s leadership the state successfully conducted the 34th National Games on 2011.
- “World class sporting infrastructure rose in the state.”
- Under BJP’s leadership, 32 year jinx was broken. Jharkhand scripts history by conducting three layers Panchayat Elections as per decision by the Supreme Court. In that election 50% women won with a healthy margin. Dream of gram Swaraj was realized.
- BJP empowered PRI’s for participatory development planning process & governance.
- During BJP’s tenure 2,700 Panchayat Sachivalaya & 1,320 Pragya Kendra was established in the state.
- Transparency, commitment & participatory in governance: BJP conducted successful introduction of e-tender in Government. “To bring transparency and efficiency, reduce tender cycle time, and provide equal opportunity in the procurement process, it was BJP, who took initiative to implement the e-Procurement System of National Informatics Centre (NIC) called Government e-Procurement System of NIC (GePNIC) available at http://jharkhandtenders.gov.in.”
- Road construction: The Jharkhand government emphasized on construction, widening and repair of roads and bridges all over the state to improve connectivity between blocks, district headquarters and the state capital. BJP enhanced the plan allocation of Road construction Department to achieve a National average, in a very short span of time.
- BJP took initiatives for setting up of new power plants with capacity of generating more than 6000 MW in a very short span of time. Once these power plants come into operation, this state will become a power surplus state.
- About 22 power sub-stations were constructed.
- Right to service Act on the anvil.
- Electronic devices act for transparency, commitment & participatory in governance.
- Approval for constructing bridge over the river Ganga in Sahebganj.
Now enlist some highlights of BJP’s ambitious schemes, which were started during its term in Jharkhand:
- Kanyadan Yojana: BJP was the first one to launch “Kanyadan Yojana” in 2005, for providing assistance during marriage of all girls belonging to under privilege of Jharkhand. This scheme is so successful that it has been replicated in other states of India.
- Mukhya Mantri Laxmi Ladli Yojana: Under BJP’s tenure, the State government approved Rs 108 crore for the Mukhyamantri Laxmi Ladli Yojna (MLLY) to promote welfare of the girl child born to a below poverty line (BPL) family and APL families having less than 72,000 per year income, her education and safe motherhood. Officials estimate that the scheme would benefit 33 lakh families. BJP’s Aim was to:
a) Eradicate Chid-marriage,
b) Mandatory education till class 12th.
c) If any girl want to use that provided money for further higher education, than it can also be used.
Thus it acted as a tool for education & assured employment.
- Aapka-cm: The Grievance Management System is a brain child of BJP. The system has been established to enable the local people of State of Jharkhand to channelize their grievance to the right medium. It promises to enable quick communication.
- Mukhya Mantri Dal Bhat Yojna: Under this scheme, BPL families would get dal, bhat and sabji at the rate of Rs 5 per plate at railway stations, bus stands, hospitals and public places.
- Free Laptop/Tablet: To prepare the youth to face challenges of the 21st century, tablets would be given to students who have passed matriculation, under Yuwa Kaushalya Vikas Scheme. BJP’s dream cannot be completed as it’s Government was dissolved mischievously.